Monday

FILM NOIR: FRENCH POSTER STYLE

Happy holidays! Here are a dozen French posters for various American crime / noir films — a few from my very own walls! These are all French Grande size, or 47" x 63", a few featuring poster art by the extraordinary Boris Grisson and Rene Peron. These are all cleaned up and sparkly for your right-clicking pleasure. Enjoy, you dirty rats! 
The Postman Always Rings Twice

The Big Shot 

All Through the Night

The Big Clock

The Big Heat 
Call Northside, 777

Dark Passage
Kiss of Death

The Enforcer 
The Killers (1966) 


The Stranger 
The Two Mrs. Carrolls

7 comments:

  1. I love cinema poster art. So many styles; nouveau, deco, mid-century; and THEN you've got all the great stars!
    Nice post.

    ~ Rupert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome site. I'm a new pulp writer, and a huge fan of the classic noir pulp and 30s pulp covers. These movie posters are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    BTW, I've added this blog to my New & Reviews over at my pulp writing blog at http://seanhtaylor.blogspot.com.

    Just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Why are foreign posters so much better than the American variety? Such vivid color. One of my favorites is Bogart's: In a Lonely Place, from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help but adore your posters. These are worth praising, nice work! Really love the vintage look of each poster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete